Monday, March 15, 2010

Curly hair tips/help please!?

okay so i just got my hair permed sunday and i love it! but im really not sure how to take care of new curly hair. some of my questions may sound dumb so sorry in advance. okay one question is i have curling cream, but idk if i should run the cream through my hair and then scrunch it, or just rub it in between my hands and scrunch my hair like that. also do you guys know any good products?? thank you so so much in advance! %26lt;33Curly hair tips/help please!?
YAY! I love curly hair!





There are several important things you can do to make your curls look awesome!


This may sound crazy to you, but instead of using shampoo and then conditioning your hair you can just use your conditioner like a shampoo, this will help your curls form better and actually keep color fresher (if you color) because conditioner contains no sulfates, which frizz hair and drain color.





depending on the thickness of your hair I would use somewhere in between a quarter and a half dollar, apply the same way you would shampoo, and make sure you scrub to get oils off. (conditioner contains a mild cleansing agent so your hair will still be clean, just not damaged)





Afterward, rinse, and use a wide tooth comb to untangle knots.


*Use only silicone free products on your hair as it won't come off without using shampoo and it fights curly hair*





Apply a nickel amount of a leave-in conditioner, running it from the back of your head and the root down to the ends and through the front last (so you won't have excess) and then scrunch in either a curl cream, a humectant pomade (my favorite, i.e. Aveda's brilliant humectant) or a light mousse, depending on if your hair is fine, medium, or coarse. Make sure you use enough product that your hair feels wet, you should be able to squeeze it and have product drip off.





Let your hair air-dry.





If you like more volume to your hair, you can use clips like these


http://www.beautyeditor.com.au/wp-conten鈥?/a>





to make little bunches of hair at your crown.





Let all of your hair dry about 90% and then take the clips out, once it's totally dry you can run your hands through the hair underneath (at the base of your neck) and shake your hair out to loosen the curl.





you can message me if you want more styling ideas or tips.Curly hair tips/help please!?
I have naturally curly hair and what I do is run the cream or mousse ( I love treseme) through my hair and then scrunch it where needed, until i get the look that i like, then i let it air dry actually, but you can also use a diffuser to dry your hair faster if you wish. Any mousse that has a strong hold feature should be fine, dont need to use gel, it makes your hair really dry. Good luck! :)
Ok firstly, NEVER BRUSH CURLY HAIR...you probably already knew this but just in case you didn't. It makes your hair go like a bush and damages it. Instead, when you wash it, put conditioner in and leave for like 2 minutes, then comb your hair with a wide-tooth or Afro comb. This will get rid of any tangles without separating your curls.


If I was using a cream, I would run it through my hair then scrunch it, but if I was using mousse, I'd put a blob in my hand then scrunch it in. With the cream though, it just means your hair gets evenly coated.


I tend to use a scrunching jelly on my hair, and I run it over my hair then scrunch it in at night after I've washed my hair. Then I sleep on it and it goes all bouncy :) Then the next morning if it's a bit frizzy I spray it with a calming spray and scrunch it a little again. Some people spray theirs with water but I just find it gets frizzier.


Good luck with your hair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment