Monday, March 15, 2010

I need help!! I have really fine but extremely curly hair! Tips for products and avoiding breakage!?

I need to know how to get it to behave... I am using Pantene Curl Revive spray and Dove super moisturizing products. What works better than these?I need help!! I have really fine but extremely curly hair! Tips for products and avoiding breakage!?
Oh guurl, I hear you! I have A LOT of fine hair, that while isn't ';extremely curly';, it's extremely wavy, but not in a good way, so I blow dry the hell out of it. I am not a professional, but these tips might help: Do NOT use a metal base brush when blow drying. The metal gets TOO hot and your hair will literally burn (trust me! my one length hair became what was resembling a mullet at one point! Nightmare!) Use a big ceramic round brush and don't blow dry it right away! Do your makeup or something first so that it airdries a bit before you start drying it. As for product, I use Bumble%26amp;Bumble deep conditioning treatment once a week (It's pricey but lasts a long time if you use it right!). I use regular old Pantene shampoo, but salon recommended conditioner, because conditioner is so important, and then I always, ALWAYS put a very light styling lotion in it before blow drying to protect it from the heat. My stylist actually recommended a tiny tiny amount of leave-in conditioner as my styling product because it's not so heavy on the fine hair, but still protects it! I wish you the best of luck! It's a nightmare, but when you figure it out, you'll be thrilled! :)I need help!! I have really fine but extremely curly hair! Tips for products and avoiding breakage!?
Stop using pantene its the worst.


Try using Enjoy shampoo and Enjoy ';mask'; hair conditioner.( available at beauty supply stores)


Then after you wash, condition, towel dry and spray on Infusium leave in hair conditioner.
I would use aquage or bedhead they both work great for me the other thing you can do it get some cholesterol for your hair and follow the directions I use it about once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment