Monday, March 15, 2010

How to care for curly hair! Tips please!?

Hello everyone.


I have curly/wavy hair a bit longer than shoulder length. My hair is very prone to frizz and puffiness. I wash it each night using a shampoo to remove product build up. Then I use a conditioner which I leave in for 4 minutes. I then use a deep nourishing treatment conditioner which I leave in for 4 minutes. I comb my hair and wash the conditioner out with cold water. I then pat dray my hair and put anti-frizz serum in, and braid it. In the morning I dampen my hair and apply mousse and then hair spray to define the curls. I wear my hair in a half-up half-down style. I avoid straightening my hair because it ruins my hair. What do other curly haired girls do to control their curls? Can I please have some tips! I want gorgeous and pretty curls ... Help!!!


Thanks :)How to care for curly hair! Tips please!?
I have similar hair to you, and i understand how hard it can be to fix.





If the products you are using now are not helping it would probably be a good idea to stop them. You might be experiencing some build up from all the product. All i use now is a leave in conditioner which i put through the ends generously.





Find a hairstylist who has naturally curly hair, as they will have a better understanding and cut your hair well. Don't over style, it just aggravates frizzy hair. And crazy as it sounds try using hot rollers on your worst hair days. Even though the hair is already curly the rollers seem to guide the curls in the right direction. Well this has worked for me anyway, i have finally got my hair to look like hair, not a mop or a mane!How to care for curly hair! Tips please!?
ok chill first thing to do get yourself some clynol infuse. professional product! this is a leave in treatment ! as u know curly hair is naturally dry so avoid heat as much as poss. when u do your treatment put a bag over you hair to retain heat this will enable the product to enter throught the hairs cuticle and will be more effective. have to tried using wax on your hair when it is wet as that will define the curls, bcareful with mousse and hairspray as it has a high alchol content an will dry it out even more.
i scrunch my hair ,


take some gel and put it in the palm of your hand ,


while your hair is wet take peices and squeeze the gell up into the hair untill you reach the top , and then move on to another peice.


if you do this to your hole head it should be very nice and curly.


then you can ethor air dry or blow dry it,


but i have very thick hair so i air dry because the blow dryer makes it frizzy
Afther u come out the shower with your hair wet .


use , mouse nd hair spary .


and scruch your hair . then wen your done before u use hair spayy dry your hair with blow dryer then use hair spray


it works for me my hair comes out curlyy
Any hair - curly, straight and so on should be well-maintained on a regular basis!
I know exactly what you are going through. I have very tight frizzy curls. DO NOT SHAMPOO EVERY DAY! Your damaging your hair big time. Instead every day use conditioner when you wash your hair and shampoo only once or twice a week. Shapoo will just take away the natural oils you have which curly hair does not have much. Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week and leave on for 20 minutes to half and hour. I sometimes leave it for an hour. After you wet your hair use a leave in conditiner and also an anit frizz serum. I use paul mitchell leave in conditioner and i use olive oil based anti frizz. Then any curl defining mousse to add life and volume. You HAVE to have a diffusor for you blow dryer. It will help dry the curls with some definition. You can also use hair spray for curls since they hydrate if you want them to stay for a bit. Braiding your hair while wet is not a good idea since it can give you hair bad oder and cause bacteria to build in your hair....you dont want that. If you want some really cool tips, go on youtube. they have videos on how to take care of curly hair, i learned a lot from there alone with years of dealing with my curls. Also cut your curls in layers, it will help keep you hair look beautiful and not look like you have a lump over you head. I hope this helps.
The best care I did for my hair was invest in professional shampoo and conditioner. I bought the Matrix Curl life shampoo and conditioner. It not only brought life to my wave and curl combo but it prolonged the health of my hair. After I shower I always use a combination of styling mousse and Sunsilk frizz ease. John Fridas Frizz ease serum works well too.





I intend to avoid alot of mousse and hairspray cuase I hate how it makes my hair feel. The stiffness is unpleasant in my opinion. Instead I just use alot of moisture.





But from experience....some days are GREAT curly hair days. every curl every wave works out perfectly into a style that makes you look stunning. Then there are those days when you have strands flying here and others forming in odd shapes and curls. Aint it fun having high maintenance hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment