Monday, March 15, 2010

Straight perm at home? Extremely curly hair! Tips needed please?

Hello! My name is Ruby and I have extremely curly, thick, frizzy hair. I also am sick of straightening my hair with the flat iron only to have it be kinky and frizzy by the time I leave the house. I seriously have tried everything. I even tried a perm once but that only made it a little less curly.





I also do NOT have the money for a salon. Yeah, I know it鈥檇 be better if I used a salon and stuff, but if that鈥檚 all you can tell me, don鈥檛 post because I really can鈥檛 go.





Anyway, I have been thinking about the last time I permed my hair and I was wondering if there is any secret way of keeping the hair straight while perming it? I know when you get a curly perm you put it in curlers, so is there anything you can do about keeping the hair straight while doing the straight perm? I tried the whole keep brushing it out thing and that did not work well at all. My hair even has a little bit of curl when it鈥檚 wet! (I dunno, like maybe a wrap of some kind or anything really!)





Any ideas or suggestions would be great. I鈥檓 desperate. School鈥檚 starting soon and I just don鈥檛 have the time to waste an hour straightening it in the mornings if it won鈥檛 stay that way all day.





Thanks so much!





~RubyStraight perm at home? Extremely curly hair! Tips needed please?
maybe when you get out of the shower put it in a tight bun that might help the frizz.





or wrap it in a towel for a few hoursStraight perm at home? Extremely curly hair! Tips needed please?
Honey I feel your pain! I had the exact same problem!! Trying to keep my hair stright all day at school was such a pain!! In the begining of summer I relaxed my hair. I got the relaxed for only five dollars at walgreens!! And it worked!! Much hair is now wavy. I didn't want it straight so I didn't leave It on long Enough to get straight. It only dried out my hair a bit but I fixed that with deep conditioners. You should really try it. It made my life a whole lot easier!!
my sis has the same problem although her hair is probably worse than yours XD


first of all youll have to straighten the same piece of hair several times


you have to blow dry it straight firstt, just a little though, and then flat iron it


there are many products you can use to controll frizz so research on frizz control products because i cant name them at the moment


or you can actually just keep it curly, but use product to make it look good


my sis sometimes keeps her hair curly but puts gel or curling mousse and stuff like that


but it you want it straight, after straighening, i suggest you hairspray it just a little at the roots so it can stay straight


but if your hair is naturally curly, you cannot keep it straight forever unless a miracle or something happens
soo yeah we have the same problem...and i used an optimum perm. they are really good. i just cut all my hair off because it was so long,curly soft...to be honest i don't know what my hair wanted to be...


but good luck and reguardless of the perm your hair is still gonna be puffy...doll face thats just in our nature.





we are blessed to be honest....we got the good hair

No comments:

Post a Comment